The ICA Group seeks an administrative assistant to join its growing team working to expand economic democracy through the creation and growth of worker owned companies and other social enterprises. This is an exciting and unusual opportunity for someone interested in using their skills for social good. This is a full-time position based in our Northampton, Massachusetts office.
The administrative assistant will support the logistical and administrative aspects of ICA’s operations and program work. This is a rapidly expanding, fast-paced office. The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial, start-up style environment and enjoy spearheading the creation of new organizational systems.
Key tasks include:
- Provide administrative support to ICA leadership, including scheduling meetings, arranging travel, managing correspondence, and acting as a point of contact for clients
- Assist in setting up new office space and oversee daily office needs, including ordering supplies, working with property manager, IT, and other suppliers as needed
- Perform administrative functions related to overall management of ICA’s programs, including tracking timelines and deliverables for clients, scheduling, managing calendars, coordinating staff travel, responding to general inquiries, managing program files, grant reporting, copy editing, and assisting with facilitation and logistics coordination for events
- Assist in the launch, development and management of ICA’s Salesforce database and other organizational databases
- Assist with organizational social media and website updates
- Assist with financial management, including invoicing and expense reports
- Perform other administrative duties including, but not limited to, client intake, filing, making photocopies, and coordinating mailings. Perform other related duties as assigned
The successful applicant will have 2 or more years of relevant work experience, have strong organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives, each with their own timelines. We are looking for someone who enjoys an entrepreneurial environment and who wants to use their skills to improve job quality for workers across the country. Successful candidates should have:
- A minimum of two years related experience, Associate’s Degree preferred
- A demonstrated interest in social justice work; a focus on economic democracy, cooperative development, or social enterprise development a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Salesforce strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, online research, and social media
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team.
- Availability to work overtime hours as needed.
- Ability to be self-starter.
This is highly satisfying work in a diverse and stimulating environment. The ICA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience and benefits include health insurance and four weeks’ vacation.
About The ICA Group
We believe worker ownership is an integral part of creating a fundamentally fairer economy where every person has economic security and access to valued, dignified work. The ICA Group is the country’s leading expert on worker ownership and the oldest national organization dedicated to the development of worker cooperatives. We are a mission driven non-profit organized as a worker cooperative that brings to the worker ownership sector a level of analysis and rigor offered by the most competitive national business advisory firms. We combine this with a deep understanding of worker ownership and other worker-centered structures and a commitment to serving low-wage workers and communities of color. To accomplish this, we currently focus our work in the following strategic areas:
- Industry transformation: Economic democracy can transform industries, creating competitive and successful firms that offer high quality jobs. We work in industries that are ripe for large-scale transformation to give employees a voice in their workplace and raise job quality industry-wide. We currently have program areas in the child care, home care, and temporary staffing sectors.
- Conversions to worker ownership: ICA is the leading practitioner of worker ownership conversion in the US for small businesses and worker cooperatives. We work directly with businesses to convert their company to a cooperative and partner with groups throughout the US to drive more conversions to worker ownership as a means to prevent job loss and create stable communities.
- Strategic consulting: The ICA Group maintains a general consulting practice to respond to the needs of the field. We provide the full range of business consulting services to worker-owned businesses, including consultations to help them grow, raise capital, or improve their governance or ownership culture. We also work with labor unions, cities, and mission aligned non-profits, finance institutions, and foundations that are interested in using market-based strategies to serve their constituencies. We conduct market studies, strategic planning, evaluation, and other services to help these organizations develop, launch, evaluate, and improve their program areas.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please submit your application using the subject line: “Application for Administrative Assistant Position: [Your First and Last Name]”. Cover letters should be addressed to David Hammer. In your letter, please describe how your particular skills and experience qualify you for the position, and how you heard about this opportunity. All materials should be submitted in PDF format.