Board of Directors
ICA’s Board of Directors includes entrepreneurs, community organizers, community bankers and economic development experts.
- Pedro Arce, Vice President Eastern Bank. Mr. Arce is a trustee at Cambridge College and a founding member of the Merrimack Valley Economic Development Council.
- Christina A. Clamp, Professor of Community and Economic Development at Southern New Hampshire University. Professor Clamp is an expert on the Mondragon system of cooperatives and the role cooperatives can play in community economic development.
- Gerardo Espinoza, Ex-Officio Board member, Executive Director of the Local Enterprise Assistance Fund, Mr. Espinoza has over twenty years of banking and investment management experience.
- David Hammer, Executive Director, the ICA Group. David has served as the Executive Director of the ICA Group since June 2013. He has over 15 years experience working for organizations dedicated to workplace democracy.
- Melissa Hoover, The founding Executive Director of the Democracy at Work Institute. Previously, Ms. Hoover was the founding Executive Director of the United States Federation of Worker Cooperatives and worked for six years as a cooperative developer with the Arizmendi Association of Cooperatives.
- Joe Kriesberg, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations (MACDC). Prior to joining MACDC, Mr. Kriesberg worked for eight years on energy and environmental issues for non-profit organizations in Washington, DC and Boston.
- Alexander H. Pyle, Partner at Sheehan, Phinney, Bass & Green PA, a Boston-based law firm. Mr. Pyle’s practice focuses on advising entrepreneurial companies on corporate and transactional matters, including financings, securities law compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and technology licensing.
- Janet Van Liere, Director Community Jobs Program, the ICA Group. Ms. Van Liere has been a member of the ICA Group since 2001 where she oversees the Community Jobs Program, which includes the Alternative Staffing Alliance.
- Rand Wilson, SEIU Local 888. Mr. Wilson, the current Chair of the ICA Board has held positions with several local unions and was Director of the Massachusetts Jobs with Justice for a number of years. He is President of the Center for Labor Education and Research, a trustee of the Center for the Study of Public Policy.