Job Posting: Alternative Staffing Alliance Internship
The ICA Group is seeking candidates for a paid internship. The ICA Group is a national not-for-profit consultancy based in Northampton, MA with offices in Boston and New York focused on the development and support of initiatives that build economic security and wealth in low-income communities through worker-owned and democratic businesses.
The ICA Group manages the Alternative Staffing Alliance, a national network of social enterprises that recruit disadvantaged job seekers for placement in competitive temporary and temp-to-hire jobs, and provide supportive services to help them succeed and advance. Alternative staffing operators aim to increase the quality and dignity of temporary work for people with disabilities, returning citizens, individuals experiencing homelessness, young adults who lack experience, and other overlooked talent. The internship position will assist with communications, tool development and direct service delivery to support practitioners in this sector.
- 16-20 hours per week
- Rolling applications with a preference for starting in April, 2019
- Position based in Boston or Northampton
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Creating and updating web content, including member profiles
- Developing new tools and resources for practitioners, which may involve a combination of desk research and phone interviews
- Assisting with logistics and outreach related to regional meetups
- 2 or more years relevant work experience, including excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Work towards an MBA or other related graduate degree (preferred)
- Creative thinker
- Effective communicator
- Familiarity with small business practices, and interest in employment social enterprise
Candidates interested in developing an independent project related to ICAs focus areas are also encouraged to apply. Candidates will be supervised by a project lead, with weekly one on one meetings to ensure that work is progressing to schedule and address any issues that may arise. ICA’s office culture is relatively informal. In addition to the structured weekly meetings, the candidate will be encouraged to seek assistance and advice from all staff as necessary.
Interested candidates should send a resume, writing sample and cover letter to Janet Van Liere at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.