Job Posting: Analyst Internship
The ICA Group is seeking candidates for a paid internship. The ICA Group is a national not-for-profit consultancy based in Northampton, MA with offices in Boston and New York focused on the development and support of initiatives that build economic security and wealth in low-income communities through worker-owned and democratic businesses.
The ICA Group is working to transform the care sectors (child care, home care) through cooperative ownership models. The internship position will support our home care sector work primarily through work related to feasibility studies, market analysis, and business planning.
- 10-15 hours per week
- Rolling applications with a preference for starting for March 1st
- Position based in Boston or Northampton
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Market research for state, city, and industry markets using census data, industry reports, and other data sources
- Home care industry research with a focus on Medicaid, managed care organizations, and other long-term care industry research
- Conducting interviews by phone or in-person to develop qualitative insights
- 3 years or more of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Work towards an MBA or graduate degree in health policy or other related fields (preferred)
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of small businesses
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills including mid-level data analysis in excel
Candidates interested in developing an independent project related to ICAs focus areas are also encouraged to apply. Candidates will be supervised by a project lead, with weekly one on one meetings to ensure that work is progressing to schedule and address any issues that may arise. ICA’s office culture is relatively informal. In addition to the structured weekly meetings, the candidate will be encouraged to seek assistance and advice from all staff as necessary.
Interested candidates should send a resume, writing sample and cover letter to Nic Miragliuolo at email@example.com. No phone calls please.